Host, Morning Edition
Cathy Wurzer is the host of Morning Edition and Minnesota Now on MPR News. She is also the co-host of Almanac, a weekly public affairs program produced by Twin Cities Public Television for Minnesota's statewide public television network. Wurzer has won four Emmy Awards for her work on Almanac. Prior to her return to radio, she was an anchor and reporter for WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. She has also been a talk show host for WCCO-AM radio, a producer for KMSP-TV, and political reporter for KSTP-AM radio. She holds degrees in broadcast journalism and urban studies from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Wurzer was a trustee for the UW-River Falls Foundation and a member and past president of the Society for Professional Journalists Minnesota chapter. She is the author of "Tales of the Road: Highway 61." In her spare time, Cathy rides, trains and shows horses, fly fishes for trout, and loves clay sculpture and creating mosaics.
- Minnesota Now for Oct. 4, 2022
- The Minnesota Orchestra celebrates rarely-heard Black classical composers
- Matchmaking: what it takes to connect military veterans with open jobs
- Minneapolis Community Safety Commissioner Cedric Alexander on his vision for the city
- More women are getting into archery and hunting thanks to one woman
- If you're in the mood for 'palpable joy,' don't miss Minneapolis duo The OK Factor
- The debate over debates: what's lost in not debating?
- Minnesota Now: Oct. 3, 2022
- Investigation: Mayo provides significantly less 'charity care' than others
- Minnesota Now: Sept. 15, 2022