Host, Morning Edition
Cathy Wurzer is the host of Morning Edition for MPR News. She is also the co-host of Almanac, a weekly public affairs program produced by Twin Cities Public Television for Minnesota's statewide public television network. Wurzer has won four Emmy Awards for her work on Almanac. Prior to her return to radio, she was an anchor and reporter for WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. She has also been a talk show host for WCCO-AM radio, a producer for KMSP-TV, and political reporter for KSTP-AM radio. She holds degrees in broadcast journalism and urban studies from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Wurzer was a trustee for the UW-River Falls Foundation and a member and past president of the Society for Professional Journalists Minnesota chapter. She is the author of "Tales of the Road: Highway 61." In her spare time, Cathy rides, trains and shows horses, fly fishes for trout, and loves clay sculpture and creating mosaics.
- A slew of daily temperature, rainfall records broken in July
- Rep. Omar on 5th District reelection bid: ‘I’ve been a coalition builder’
- Antone Melton-Meaux: 5th District voters ready to ditch 'divisive' politics
- Minnesota farmers anticipate strong harvest
- Some parts of Minnesota are unusually dry for July
- Rochester project helps grieving students 'take off the mask and be real'
- Nekima Levy Armstrong on passage of police accountability bill
- New crowdfunding platform aims to boost minority, LGBTQ entrepreneurs
- New report details Derek Chauvin’s career, background
- Weather chat: Hot, humid July so far