Host, Morning Edition
Cathy Wurzer is the host of Morning Edition and Minnesota Now on MPR News. She is also the co-host of Almanac, a weekly public affairs program produced by Twin Cities Public Television for Minnesota's statewide public television network. Wurzer has won four Emmy Awards for her work on Almanac. Prior to her return to radio, she was an anchor and reporter for WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. She has also been a talk show host for WCCO-AM radio, a producer for KMSP-TV, and political reporter for KSTP-AM radio. She holds degrees in broadcast journalism and urban studies from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Wurzer was a trustee for the UW-River Falls Foundation and a member and past president of the Society for Professional Journalists Minnesota chapter. She is the author of "Tales of the Road: Highway 61." In her spare time, Cathy rides, trains and shows horses, fly fishes for trout, and loves clay sculpture and creating mosaics.
- 'Fro-gahhh' — It's frozen yoga, and it's happening on Lake Harriet
- Native communities say MN's foster care system as harmful as boarding schools of the past
- The employment landscape is shifting. Should you look for a new job?
- Hennepin director of corrections on youth and carjackings
- How Hennepin's director of corrections is approaching youth and carjackings
- Rep. Garofalo: ‘There’s a better chance than not’ that sports betting passes this session
- MN sports roundup: First woman ever to interview for an NFL general manager job
- Listener dispatches from Day 1 of the Twin Cities restaurant vaccination mandate
- What to expect in the trial of 3 ex-MPD officers in Floyd death
- The big picture: How young people are reshaping spirituality