As a correspondent for MPR News I get to do a lot of things, but my priority is telling stories of Minnesota’s rich and diverse cultural scene. My mission is to amplify visionary voices; I’m particularly drawn to artists who use their creative talents to address racism and the abuse of power.
In 2014 I took over the role of producing Art Hounds, a weekly segment in which three people share arts events they’re excited about with MPR listeners - it’s my favorite part of the week. Interested in becoming an Art Hound? Sign up!
In 2019 I joined the Counter Stories team – a podcast where we discuss race, identity, social justice and culture in a region grappling with demographic changes.
Got a story you think I should look into? Contact me at email@example.com.
- Counter Stories: Calling out racism, and calling in with love
- Artists demand #MeToo moment in Minnesota music
- Art Hounds: Sam Zimmerman's North Shore paintings
- Counter Stories: How to keep the movement moving
- Art Hounds: Western Sculpture Park in the heart of St. Paul
- The rise and fall of the statue of Christopher Columbus
- Art Hounds: 'Blues for George' enables everyone to memorialize George Floyd
- Artist’s dilemma: Wait for things to reopen, or change careers?
- Counter Stories: In the wake of George Floyd's death - grieving, healing and rebuilding
- Community voices on the aftermath of George Floyd's killing