David H. Montgomery
David Montgomery is the data reporter for MPR News, focused on using data and visualizations to help the audience understand the 2020 election and other topics.
A generalist at heart, David likes using a range of journalistic tools to tell stories, from traditional reporting to programming to maps and charts.
In his spare time he also writes and produces a podcast about 19th Century France, and is a fan of history, board games and the Chicago Cubs.
This is David’s second time working for MPR News, in addition to stints with outlets including the St. Paul Pioneer Press and CityLab.
He can be found on Twitter @dhmontgomery.
- Walz's schools plan stresses in-classroom teaching, flexibility to shift
- Parties, allies raise millions for legislative campaigns
- Challenger Melton-Meaux outraises Rep. Ilhan Omar
- July 10 update on COVID-19 in MN: Led by Twin Cities suburbs, case counts jump
- Minneapolis police change policy on officer review of body camera footage
- Gov. Walz releases federal coronavirus funding
- Four ways COVID-19 has hit different parts of Minnesota
- MN Legislature nears agreement for COVID-19 aid to cities, counties
- Supreme Court upholds Minneapolis sick time ordinance
- Primary primer: What you need to know about Minnesota's August election